AED University Branch Operations Management Certification|
The AED Branch Operations Management Certification program recognizes individuals who have contributed to their company through exemplary skills and expertise. These individuals have also completed a professional education program that emphasizes best practices in areas essential to managing a construction equipment dealership.
To learn what certification can do for your managers, CLICK HERE to read a recent article from CED Magazine.
To learn about Standards used for awarding CEUs, CLICK HERE.
Certification recognizes industry professionals for completion of required position-related training, their skills and expertise, and job performance at an exemplary level.
In many cases, equipment dealer Branch Managers applying for AED Branch Operations Management Certification are industry professionals, often with years of management experience in other revenue centers in a dealership such as parts, service , sales, rental, etc. In recognition of this management experience, effective 10-16-08, Branch Certification requirements are modified as follows:|
As an AED Certified Branch Operations Manager, you will be recognized along with other certified managers in the Construction Equipment Distribution in industry. You will also receive a plaque and pin. The cost of the exam and application is $150. The cost of training to meet the requirements is additional.
- A minimum of 3 total years of relevant dealer management experience are required, with a minimum of one full year in the Branch Manager position. "Relevant experience" means management experience directly related to the Branch Management function such as: parts, service, sales, rental, etc. Please note, this certification requirement modification is limited to the AED Branch Management certification only.
- Current employment at an AED member company.
- A minimum of 62 hours of formal training (6.2 CEUs) within the past five years in management of People, Customer, Financial, Parts and Service Operations.
- A score of 80% or higher on the Branch Operations Management Certification Exam.
- Written recommendation from an individual in supervisory position.
CLICK HERE for the list of available courses/seminars from AEDU.
CLICK HERE to print a summary (.pdf document) of the requirements and cost using self-study courses.
For more information about AED Certification programs, contact
Workforce and Education Program Logistics Manager
Phone: 800-388-0650 x347
Email: Contact Pat (please include contact info)